|Business Area||COO & Functions|
|Area of Expertise||Technology|
This role provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to:
- Implement the Python-based models in Model Execution Framework using Java and Python that will be used to enable advanced analytics, Consumer Risk Finance Treasury, and Liquidity requirements Also manage and automate rade: AVPvarious execution steps wherever applicable to reduce the processing/execution time.
- The role will be responsible for analyzing, design, and implement the python models in the Model Execution framework in an agile fashion and also implement the overlays and sensitivity analysis for implementation. The role should have a good understanding of DevOps methodology and also be responsible to work with the development community to embrace DevOps. This role should also have a good understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and interacting with various Hadoop ecosystem components.
What will you be doing?
- Technically Integrate the Python based models in MEF framework (Java and Python based platform) for Consumer Risk Finance, Treasury and Liquidity use cases.
- Involve in Java application development, testing and production implementation
- Involve in designing the solutions to support Portfolio specific features
- Well versed with Java, Angular JS, Unix, SQL / Oracle
- Well versed with cloud architecture (AWS), Teamcity, Chef.
- Good understanding of Hadoop, Python, Work flow engines (JBPM), Scala
- Good understanding of Consumer Risk, Finance and Treasury portfolios
- Implement Change Requests (CR) for Business and team
- Develop code with high standards and which are performant.
- Identifying and resolving production and application development problems
- Adhere to Agile methodology, ensure requirements documentation complies with Agile and audit standards.
- Service transition, Dev Ops implementation
What we’re looking for
- Very good knowledge on Java, Java script, Spring Boot
- Hands on experience in building rich User interface using Angular JS
- Excellent hands-on design and programming experience in Java based applications.
- Good working knowledge of AWS Cloud architecture
- Good understanding of JBPM, Hadoop ecosystem components, Oracle/ Maria Db is good to have.
- Good knowledge on Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Good to have python programming skill
- Good understanding of DevOps tools like Teamcity, Chef.
- Implement the models developed by Quantitative Analytics in the Model Execution framework and also implement the orchestration of execution of the models
- Efficient multitasking skills, able to work with various technical stakeholders within the projects
- Excellent work attitude, with a focus on detail and delivery of the highest quality product under tight time pressure
Skills that will help you in the role
- General understanding of Barclaycard, Consumer Lending, Home Finance & Current Account products.
- General understanding of Risk/Finance/Treasury background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be independent and creative in approach to problems and issues; assertive, tenacious, proactive
- Experience in build and deploy of ETL based applications.
- Fast and eager learner, demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Technically versatile and happy to get involved with various technology skills
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included, and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.