|Date live||Oct. 15, 2020|
|Business Area||COO & Functions|
|Area of Expertise||Operations|
- Complete processing of inward /outward including Cross border transactions that are managed by Barclays corporate Operations. This includes all the payment schemes such as IMPS/NEFT/RTGS/NACH Payment operations also supports transactions across the CIBWIM business.
- Candidate should have sound knowledge of Cash Mgt Services / Cash Collections / Clearing/Vostro/Nostro/Escrow /RBI payment schemes and FEMA guidelines
- Responsible for managing payment exception queues, handling manual payment requests as well as fraud checks on payment messages
- Ensure understanding of the regulatory requirements and aligning the processes with a change in the regulatory landscape
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting relating to the area of cross border payments is desired.
- Knowledge of SWIFT payment formats
- Effective communication with Internal and External stakeholders Able to work effectively as part of a small team, covering different processes as and when required
What will you be doing?
- To ensure accurate and timely settlements of payments
- To support front office with transaction structuring, processing, and client visits.
- To ensure all payments are processed accurately within timelines, with appropriate authentication and authorization
- Monitor the various payment exception queues and ensure timely payment release prior to the cut-off time
- Attend to emails and phone calls relating to manual payment requests from internal stakeholders and regulators
- To maintain an interactive relationship with 2nd and 3rd line of defense such as CCO, BIA, and external Regulatory auditors
- Monitoring of regular KPI and SLAs as agreed with Bussiness
- Updation of SOP’s in line with process and regulatory changes
- Ensure completeness of fraud checks on payment messages held for review
- To perform user acceptance tests on system changes when required
- To provide processing coverage across the team when required
- Contribution to team activities including community events
What we’re looking for:
- Good University degree level or professional equivalent.
- Previous experience within Settlements of Banking Operations with a good understanding of SWIFT standards and various types of SWIFT payment messages
- Display good interpersonal skills and with an eye for accuracy
- Team player; able to contribute to a team effort as well as independently
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Possess effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Service focused with strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of various Derivative and Treasury products
- Ability to perform ad-hoc system testing, participate in project discussions and implementation of the bank’s initiatives
- Strong Integrity
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer and at the heart of every employee experience.
We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care, and all the tools, technology, and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.