BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022: Bank of Baroda (BOB) is inviting online applications for Information Technology (IT) Specialist Officer (SO) as Data Scientist & Data Engineer for the Bank’s Analytical Centre of Excellence (ACoE). The online applications have started on 16th November 2022. The last date to submit the online applications is 6th December 2022. Interested candidates must bookmark this article for information about vacancies, eligibility conditions, selection process and salary.
BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 – Overview
BOB has recently released 15 vacancies for the post of Data Engineer and Data Scientist (IT SO) on the official website. The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria must submit their online applications before 6th December 2022. The table below shows information about BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022:
|Name of Conducting Body||Bank of Baroda|
|Number of Vacancies||15|
|Name of Post||Data Scientist and Data Engineer (IT Specialist Officer)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Starting Date of Online Application||16th December 2022|
|Last Date of Online Application||6th December 2022|
|Selection Process||Online Test, Psychometric Test, GD, Interview|
|Job Category||Bank Jobs|
BOB IT SO Recruitment Notification
The candidates who are applying for BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 must read all the details and instructions carefully as specified in the notification before signing in to the online application portal. The notification is available on the official website and the candidates can easily download the recruitment notification from the link given below:
Click Here to Download BOB IT SO Recruitment Notification PDF
BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 – Important Dates
It is mandatory that the candidates must stay updated about the events happening throughout the recruitment process. The table below shows information about a list of important events and dates for BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022:
|Opening Date of Online Application||16th November 2022|
|Closing Date of Online Application||6th December 2022|
|Last Date of Printing Online Application||21st December 2022|
|Online Fee Payment||16th November 2022 – 6th December 2022|
BOB IT SO Vacancies
BOB has released 15 vacancies for the post of Data Engineer and Data Scientist as per the recruitment notification published on 16th November 2022 on the official website. The vacancy distribution table is as follows:
BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 – Application Link
The online applications have started on 16th December 2022. The candidates applying for BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 can sign in to the online application portal by clicking on the link given below:
Steps to Apply Online for BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022
The candidates applying online for BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website @bankofbaroda.in/careers or click on the apply online link provided above.
- Click on Click Here for New Registration button.
- The candidate must carefully enter Basic Info, upload Photo and Signature, specify other details. Do not forget to click on Save and Next after each step.
- In the Preview section, the candidate can still make some changes in the registration form.
- Pay the application fee through Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets. The online payment received must be produced during the online test/interview.
- Click on Complete Registration. The candidates will receive Registration No. and Password on their registered mobile number and email ID.
Login for Registered Candidates
- Enter your Registration No. and Password.
- Fill in the Security Code as given in the image box.
- Click on Submit.
- The candidates can edit/print the application form at this stage.
The application fee must be paid by the candidates from 16th November 2022 to 6th December 2022. The application fee is given in the table below:
|GEN/OBC/EWS||Rs 600 plus applicable charges|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs 100 plus applicable charges|
BOB IT SO Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are applying for the post of Data Scientist and Data Engineer must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying online for BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
Nationality (as of 01/11/2022)
The candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a Citizen of Nepal, or
- a citizen of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him.
The educational qualification and work experience of Data Scientist and Data Scientist is as follows:
- The candidate must have B. Tech/ B.E./ M Tech/ M.E. in Computer Science/IT/Data Science/Machine Learning and AI (Minimum 60% marks compulsory in B. Tech/ B.E.) from AICTE/UGC recognized university.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 9/6/3 years post qualification experience in IT/Data Science in the BFSI sector out of which min. 5/3/1 years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- The candidate must have A bachelor’s degree in engineering in Computer Science/Information Technology from AICTE/UGC recognized university.
- Preference shall be given to those candidates who possess Cloudera Certified Administrator credentials.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 6/3 years post qualification experience in IT in the BFSI sector out of which min. 3/1 years of experience in Big Data technology.
Age Limit (as of 01/11/2022)
The age limit of candidates applying for the post of IT Specialist Officers is given in the table below:
|S No.||Post||Grade/Scale||Age Limit|
|1.||Data Scientist||SMG/S-IV||32 – 40 years|
|MMG/S-III||28 – 35 years|
|MMG/S-II||25 – 32 years|
|2.||Data Engineer||MMG/S-III||28 – 35 years|
|MMG/S-II||25 – 32 years|
Age Relaxation of Upper Age Limit
|S No.||Category||Age Relaxation (years)|
|2.||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3|
|3.||PwD||Gen/EWS – 10, OBC – 13, SC/ST – 15|
|4.||Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs)|
who have rendered at least 5 years of military service
|GEN/EWS – 5, OBC – 8, SC/ST – 10|
BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
The candidates applying online for the BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 will undergo the following selection process:
- The candidates belonging to MMG/S-II and MMG/S-III will appear for the online test which will be conducted in various states in India.
- The candidates belonging to SMG/S-IV will appear in the psychometric test or any other test deemed suitable for the further selection process.
- The candidates who clear the test will be called for Group Discussion/Interview.
- The shortlisted candidates in the merit list will be placed under a probation period of 1 year.
BOB IT SO Recruitment 2022 – Exam Pattern
The candidates who come under MMG/S-II and MMG/S-III (Medium Management Grade/Scale) will appear in the online test. The exam pattern is as follows:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Version||Duration|
The marks obtained by the candidates in sections 1,2 and 3 will not be considered in the merit list.
BOB IT SO Salary
The candidates who find their place on the merit list will undergo a probation period of 1 year. The salary of IT Specialist Officers is given in the table below:
|MMGS II||Rs. 48170 x 1740 (1) – 49910 x 1990 (10) – 69180|
|MMGS III||Rs. 63840 x 1990 (5) – 73790 x 2220 (2) – 78230|
|SMG/S-IV||Rs. 76010 x 2220 (4) – 84890 x 2500 (2) – 89890|