On 14/10/2020, OPSC announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed B.Tech/B.E, Diploma for the position of Mining Officer.
|Post Name||Mining Officer|
|No of Posts||5 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 56,100/-Per Month|
|Last Date to Apply||20/11/2020|
|Similar Jobs||Odisha Govt Jobs|
Recruitment to the posts of Geologist, Petrologist, Geophysicist, and Mining officer in Group – A of Odisha Mining and Geology Service under Steel and Mines Department.
A candidate must hold at least 2nd Class Degree in Mining Engineering from any recognized University in India or Diploma in Mining or in Applied Geology from Indian School of Mines and Applied Geology, Dhanbad or any other Institute where such diploma or certificate is considered equivalent to the degree of Mining Engineering.
Scale of pay
The scale of pay of Rs. 56,100/-, in Level 12, Cell – I of ORSP Rules, 2017 with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 (twenty-one) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thirty-two) years on the 1st day of August 2019 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1987 and not later than 1st August 1998.
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of e 500/- (Rupees five hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with Disability (whose permanent disability is 40% and more) are exempted from payment of this fee
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board /Council;
- Intermediate/4-2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board/ Council;
- Degree [Diploma Certificate issued by recognized University;
- Post Graduate Degree Certificates issued by recognised University
- Mark-sheets in support of all the aforesaid Examination (H.S.C. to Post Graduate Degree / Degree) passed including fail marks, if any, issued by the concerned Board / Council /University.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself /herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act – 2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score:
- The admission was written examination / Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the written examination / Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. The decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of the candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make an appointment;
- Every Geologist/Petrologist/Geophysicist/Mining Officer on his/her first appointment to the service shall be on probation for a period of two years from the date he/she actually joins in the post. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
Selection Procedure :
- The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of Written Examination and Viva Voce test. The Commission will shortlist the candidates to be called for Viva Voce test to a reasonable number taking into consideration the marks secured in the written examination above the cut-off point to be fixed by the Commission
- The broad outlines of the pattern and syllabus for the said examination are appended in the Annexure of this Advertisement.
- The written examination will be held at Cuttack.
How to Apply
- Online Registra Tion/re-registration And Online Pa Yment Of Examination Fees Shall Be A Vailable In The Website From 21.10.2020 To Till 20.11.2020 (11:59 P.m).
- Submission Of Online Registered Applcations Can Be Done In The Website From 21.10.2020 To Till 27.11.2020 (11.59 P.m).
- Candidates must go through the details of this Advertisement available. Website of OPSC before filling up online application form
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned Website of the http://opsc.eov.in. Applications received through any other mode would accepted and summarily rejected. in the OPSC not be Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal. Instructions to fill up online application
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression(LTI) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, Specimen (full) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use. ADVERTISEMENT NO. 06 OF 2020-21