The HP Print Design organization is hiring an expert-level information developer to oversee the development and delivery of end-user education and support content for HP printers, print services, and related desktop and mobile applications.
The candidate selected for this role will have a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication or related discipline, mastery of written and spoken English, and expert-level knowledge and professional experience in creating and managing content in DITA-based content management systems.
|Location(s):||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
- Technical lead and content strategist for maximizing content reuse and minimizing development and translation costs of content
- Oversee training and internal process documentation to ensure extended writing teams are fully operational and following best practices for development
- Partner with external IT teams and other stakeholders to drive business and system requirements for the content management system
- Periodically lead individual programs as a writer and/or project manager depending on scope and size of program
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities within the print design organization and with partner teams
- Lead and provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Contributes to and enforces compliance with style guides and standards to ensure consistency in content style and tone
- Advocate for new tools/methodologies to ensure information deliverables across the division improve customer satisfaction with products while maintaining a cost envelope that is competitive.
- Consults on product usability design (e.g., GUIs, command names).
- Participates in multiple projects concurrently
Education and Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Technical Communication or related discipline and expert-level knowledge and professional experience (5 – 7 years) in creating and managing content in DITA-based content management systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Ability to effectively communicate content strategy and manage all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Expert knowledge and experience with technical communication tools and platforms such as AuthorIT, Flare, RoboHelp, XML and code editing tools, and enterprise-scale component content management systems
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and knowledge in a range of web and mobile-based communication technologies, including multimedia and voice