The Flipkart Group is one of India’s leading digital commerce entities and includes group companies Flipkart, Myntra, and PhonePe. Started in 2007, Flipkart has enabled millions of consumers, sellers, merchants, and small businesses to be a part of India’s e-commerce revolution. With a registered customer base of over 200 million, offering over 150 million products across 120+ categories. Our efforts to democratize e-commerce in India, driving access and affordability, delight customers, create lakhs of jobs in the ecosystem and empower generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs has driven us to innovate on many industry firsts. Flipkart is known for pioneering services such as Cash on Delivery, No Cost EMI and easy returns – customer-centric innovations that have made online shopping more accessible and affordable for millions of Indians.
Driven by the passion of ‘Flipsters’ and our core values of Audacity to Win, Bias for Action and Customer First, with Integrity – Flipkart’s work policies reflect the company’s efforts to create a progressive work environment that drives inclusion and innovation and encourages work-life balance. Ranked at #1 in LinkedIn’s ‘Top Companies to Work For in 2019’, among the ‘100 Best Companies for Women by Avtar and chosen among the Top 3 Most Desirable new-Age Recruiters by Dare2Compete, Flipkart is the ideal place to start and achieve great heights in your career.
What you’ll do:
- Build, lead, develop and provide hands-on leadership for top-notch engineers and Engineering Managers (EMs)
- Create clear career paths for team members to help them grow with regular and deep mentoring, attract and retain top talent keeping long term goals in mind
- Drive strategy and vision across teams in a rapidly evolving environment
- Work closely with diverse stakeholders and enable them by providing scalable and quality technology solutions.
- Facilitate platforms solutions that span beyond the team and across the ecosystem
- Take accountability for moving the key business metrics within your area and Provide thought partnership to the product team and ensure collaboration among product, engineering, and business operation teams.
- Drive agility in execution, create a strong team culture of responsiveness by leading by example and own decision making around prioritization for better predictability
What you’ll need:
- B.E or B.Tech or any other similar qualification with at least 12+ years of experience in building cutting edge products with 4+ years in people management
- Good understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup
- Strong experience handling large data (batch and real-time), workflows and scheduling, building pluggable frameworks and systems, strong abstraction, and design skills.
- Proven track record of delivering products with high quality, familiarity with multiple software development practices and tools
- Strong partnership with product and business teams that demonstrates effective collaboration and communication across multiple stakeholders
Design & Arch, problem solving, People management, Product sense