JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the United States, with operations worldwide.
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
|Locations||Plot 2, Phase 1, Survey No 83/1, Raidurg Village, Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, Hyderabad, IN-TG, 500059, IN|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
As an PROGRESS and JAVA Application Developer, you will be working with one of the Product’s feature-based team, filled with engineers from different technologies along with PROGRESS & Java. Here you will be responsible for developing new product features using PROGRESS. You will also participate in product development sessions with business owners, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and propose solutions and implement. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design, and provide input to information/data flow. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into all application design specifications. You will also be interacting with the Production Support team, involved in root cause analysis and resolution of release related issues and take it to closure.
Additionally, you may be required to document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application code and develop/enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to architectural guidelines, identify/troubleshoot application related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required documentation.
- Proven ability to lead and/or participate in major business and application change efforts, including advising business partners on risks of design requirements
- Ability to participate in and quickly solve urgent issues.
- Expert communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, senior IT and business management, vendors, and customers
- Work with Product owners to help shape the direction of the product based on the combined knowledge of what’s technically feasible and what is desired by the end-user.
- Contribute to the technical code and design documentation.
- Conduct code reviews and ensuring quality solutions are built and tested
- Identify and implement improvements to products.
- Provide production support and issue triage for products.
- Software Development Experience – 5+ years
- 5+ years of hands-on Progress 4GL experience with versions 10.x – 11.x.
- 3+ years of Java/J2EE experience
- 3+ years of experience in Web speed, REST APIs, Web Services, SpeedScript, and embedded scripting
- Thorough knowledge of Progress RDBMS, startup parameters, Query tuning
- 1-2 years of experience in working with ABLUnit, Proliant, OE Developer Studio
- Working experience in Java gets a priority
- Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace, Wily, and any other monitoring tools is plus
- 3+ years experience with Unix (AIX & Linux)
- Mature design pattern usage – 3+ years of Project Experience
- Mature design, coding, testing, and debugging skills
- Experience with Eclipse, GIT, Jira a plus
- Experience with agile development processes, specifically SCRUM or Kanban
- Demonstrable experience to technically design and architect enterprise-class applications.
- Understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design and Component analysis
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, taking ownership of issues, and having the determination to follow things through.
- Excellent prioritization and time management.
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
- An ability to balance multiple time-critical tasks at the same time
- The ability to motivate and influence others.
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities, and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award-winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance, and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences, and next-generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.