SSC CGL Notification 2022 Out: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam almost every year to recruit eligible candidates on Grade B and C category posts in the various government departments and ministries. The SSC CGL Notification 2022 has been released on the official website @ssc.nic.in. The interested candidates can apply online for SSC CGL 2022 till 23rd January 2022.
SSC CGL 2022 – Overview
The candidates who are interested and eligible for the various SSC CGL 2022 posts can apply online till 23rd January 2022. Check other important information from the table below.
|SSC CGL 2022 Highlights|
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Online Registration||23rd December 2022 to 23rd January 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Posts offered||Group B and C officers under central Government|
SSC CGL Notification 2022
The official notification for the SSC Combined Graduate Level exam 2022 has been released on 23rd December 2022 for various vacancies for non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. SSC CGL is a national-level exam and it is held once a year by the Staff Selection Commission. The interested candidates can go through the detailed advertisement from the below link for 2022.
SSC CGL 2022 Notification- Download PDF
SSC CGL Exam Date 2022
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Date 2022 for Tier-I has been announced by SSC along with its annual SSC calendar 2022. Check the SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 for Tier 1 exam from the table below.
|SSC CGL Exam date 2022|
|Events||SSC CGL 20222 dates|
|SSC CGL Notification Release Date||23rd December 2022|
|SSC CGL Online Form submission Started||23rd December 2022|
|Last Date to Submit Application||23rd January 2022|
|Last Date for generating of offline challan||26th January 2022|
|Last date for payment through Challan||27th January 2022|
|Window for Application Form Correction||28th January to 01st February 2022|
|SSC CGL 2022 Exam Date: Tier 1||April 2022|
|SSC CGL Exam date Tier 2||—|
SSC CGL Vacancy 2022
The vacancy for SSC CGL 2022 will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy positions will be uploaded on the website of the Commission. The vacancies for SSC CGL 2020-21 were 7035. You can check the previous year’s vacancies from the table below. Check the SSC CGL Vacancy Comparison Year-wise to get an idea of the trend in the vacancy. The SSC CGL Vacancy 2022 will be updated here as soon as released officially.
|SSC CGL Vacancy|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2020-21||2891||1046||510||1858||7035|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||3674||1242||667||2198||8582|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19||5770||1723||845||2933||11271|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2017||4238||1318||653||1916||9276|
SSC CGL 2022 Online Form
As the SSC CGL online application submission has been started. Here we have provided the direct link to apply online for SSC CGL 2022. The candidates can apply by visiting the official website @ssc.nic.in also. The online applications have already been started. The last date to apply online for SSC CGL 2022 is 23rd January 2022.
How to fill in SSC CGL Application Form 2022?
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the SSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for SSC Exams, then fill in the login details to apply for SSC CGL 2022.
- If you are not registered, then first you need to fill the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill in all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online SSC CGL 2022 application process is completed and you can take a printout of the application form for further use
SSC CGL 2022 Application Fee
SSC CGL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of SSC CGL 2022 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Staff Selection Commission.
Candidate of SSC CGL must be a Citizen of either India or Nepal or Bhutan. If a candidate is a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan shall have a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Government of India in favour of him/her.
Educational Qualification (As on 23-01-2022)
The Post-wise educational qualification that candidates need to obtain to fulfil for SSC CGL Exam 2022 is mentioned below:
|SSC CGL 2022 Educational Qualification|
|Post Name||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University|
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University|
with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University|
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a|
recognized University or equivalent
Age Limit (As on 01-01-2022)
The age limit for the SSC CGL 2022 as per the post is given below.
|SSC CGL 2022 Age Limit|
|SSC CGL Department||Age Limit||Name of the Post|
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,|
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
SSC CGL 2022 Age Relaxation
As per government guidelines, age relaxation in SSC CGL 2022 is given in the table below:
|SSC CGL 2022 – Age Relaxation|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process comprises multiple stages. The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in four stages: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4. For a candidate to clear the CGL Exam must clear all the stages one by one.
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
- Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer), and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern is explained in the tables below. SSC CGL 2022 comprises four Tiers. Tier-I is mainly screening and scoring exams. Tier-II is the merit deciding Tier.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier-III||Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Tier-IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test||Wherever Applicable|
Marking Scheme For SSC CGL Exam
Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be treated as final and will be used for qualifying the candidates to the next stage of examination and to determine final merit.
- SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams will be conducted in online mode.
- The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes.
- The time duration of Tier-2 will be 120 minutes. 60 minutes each for English & Quants.
- Tier-3 will be a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- No Sectional Cut off
- No Interviews: The interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview
- Skill Test: The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature
- Final Merit List: The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III.However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III separately
- Minimum Mark Required for Descriptive: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion will be eligible to appear in the SKILL TEST.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
OBC/ EWS: 25%
SSC CGL 2022 Syllabus
SSC CGL 2022 Paper-1 comprises four Sections/Subjects that are mentioned below:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus of all these 4 sections:
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Number Series||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input-Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Static General Knowledge|
(History, Geography, etc.)
|Ratio and Proportions &|
Mixture and Alligation
|Ordering and Ranking||Portfolios||Speed, Distance, and Time||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Persons in News||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Important Schemes||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Centre
A candidate must indicate the Center(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination. Details about the Examination Centers and Regional Offices under whose jurisdiction these Examination Centers are located are as follows:
|Examination Centre & Centre Code||SSC Region and States/ UTs under the jurisdiction of the Region||Address of the Regional Offices/ Website|
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/|
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),|
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/|
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),|
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),|
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),|
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/|
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),|
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),|
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/|
|Regional Director (SR),|
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),|
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),|
Road, P. O. Assam