Senior Technical Leader – Network Security
|LOCATION||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|AREA OF INTEREST||Engineer – Software|
Who You’ll Work With:
Cisco is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of an innovative team with a low process, high throughput culture. We are looking for a highly energetic Engineering Leader who can combine technical acumen of network security engineering with strong leadership skills. The team is playing a crucial part in leading breakthrough cloud-delivered security capabilities to the thousands of Cisco current and future customers worldwide. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Though we take phenomenal pride in being market leaders in threat security for a long time, we are constantly innovating and improving our solutions to address the ever-changing threat perceptions and changing data security paradigms so that our customer networks are always secured. We take our customer’s trust in us very seriously and go all the way to ensure we protect their data all times. Our team works on leading Network Intrusion Detection & Prevention System solutions that are all-star, scalable, and easily manageable. Our network security portfolio and cloud-delivered services cover a wide spectrum of security solutions spanning – Firepower Threat Defense, Snort, Cisco SecureX, Secure Internet Gateway, DNS security.
Working at Cisco Network Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent, and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research, and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns, and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
- Work as a software architect for the team of motivated A-players to engage and evolve our on-premises and cloud offerings for the next-generation firewall
- Partner with Product Management and other business functions to execute on an aggressive roadmap.
- Work closely with engineers and other stakeholders at different stages of a product – starting from idea conceptualization till delivering it to customers.
- Evaluate solutions suggested by the team, and drive the right course of action through an in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
- Foster innovation – proactively identify and encourage new ideas.
- Collaborate closely with teams around the globe and execute/participate in cross-site projects as necessary.
- Mentor engineers and drive talent development.
- Experienced in architecting large-scale software products/applications
- 15+ years of industry experience
- Architected and designed network security solutions
- Understanding of application security, IPS/IDS, and L4-L7 protocols – TCP/UDP, SSL/TLS, HTTP/FTP/Telnet/SMTP/DNS.
- Understanding of containerized applications/microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, public cloud platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well versed with industry trends and technology landscape
- Understanding of modern agile practices
- Capable of influencing and fostering a high-performance culture.
- Lean delivery philosophy, capable of driving innovation and experimentation in Engineering.
How to apply
To apply for this job, you need to visit the Cisco official website Click here