TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022 Out: Tamil Nadu Public Services Commission (TNPSC) conducts the combined civil services examination 4 (Group IV) for direct recruitment of candidates in group 4 services every year. The commission has started accepting online applications for TNPSC Group 4 2022 along with the release of TNPSC Group 4 Notification for 7301 Group 4 vacancies on 30th March 2022. The last date to apply for TNPSC Group 4 is 28th April 2022. The TNPSC Group 4 Exam is to be held on 24th July 2022 followed by document verification and final joining. The final joining is conducted by the respective departments which were assigned by the commission based on their marks.
The following posts are included in the TNPSC Group 4 services:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
TNPSC Group 4 2022 – Overview
For complete information about TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022, read the complete article where we have discussed eligibility, steps to apply, selection process, exam pattern, salary, and other details. Let’s have an overview of the important details of the TNPSC Group 4.
|TNPSC Group 4 2022- Overview|
|Name of the Commission||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the Examination||Group 4 – Combined Civil Services Examination–IV (Group-IV Services & VAO)|
|Number of Vacancies||7301|
|Notification Release Date||30th March 2022|
|Name of the Post||Jr Assistant, VAO, Bill Collector Etc|
|Application Mode||Online Only|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Govt Jobs|
TNPSC Group 4 2022 Notification
The TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022 (Advt No. 07/2022) has been released on 30th March 2022 on the official website of TNPSC. The direct link to the TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022 PDF has been provided here for the candidates to download the notification when released officially. Candidates can click on the link to download TNPSC Group 4 Notification PDF.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2022
The exam dates of the TNPSC Group 4 2022 have been released in the annual recruitment planner of the TNPSC. Candidates can check the dates of TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022 from the table given below:
|TNPSC Group 4 Events||Date|
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2022||30th March 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Apply Online Starts||30th March 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||28th April 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card 2022||July 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2022||24th July 2022 (9:30 am to 12:30 pm)|
|Declaration of TNPSC Group 4 Result||October 2022|
|Uploading Documents for Document Verification||October 2022|
|Document Verification||November 2022|
TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy 2022
There are a total of 7301 vacancies in the different posts that have been released by TNPSC in Group 4 services. Through the TNPSC Group 4 2022, the candidates are recruited for the following posts. The no. of vacancies will be updated with the release of the notification.
|Post Code||Group IV Posts||Vacancy|
|2025||Village Administrative Officer (VAO) Officer||274|
|2600||Junior Assistant (Non–Security)||3590 + 3 C/F|
|2400||Junior Assistant (Security)||88|
|2500||Bill Collector Grade-I||50|
|2200||Typist||2069 + 39 C/F|
|3210||Store Keeper in Tamizhagam Guest House, Udhagamandalam||01|
|3213||Junior Assistant in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||64|
|3229||Junior Assistant in Tamil Nadu Housing Board||39*+4 C/F|
|3214||Bill Collector in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||49|
|3215||Steno-Typist (Grade–III) in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||07|
Note: C/F stands for Carry Forward Vacancies.
TNPSC Group 4 Apply Online 2022
The official notification of TNPSC Group 4 2022 has been released on 30th March 2022 and with the release of the official notification, the TNPSC Apply Online Link has also be activated. The interested candidates can apply online for TNPSC Group 4 2022 from the direct link mentioned below once the online application link will be active till 28th April 2022.
How to Apply Online for TNPSC Group 4 2022?
- Click on the link mentioned above and you will be redirected to the TNPSC official site directly.
- A page will be opened where you will get the registration and login form.
- If you are already registered for TNPSC Exams, then fill in the login details to apply for TNPSC Group 4. But if you are not registered, then first you need to fill out the registration form.
- After login, go to “Apply Now” and fill in all the required details i.e Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, Address, educational qualifications, and all the degrees you hold, etc.
- After that Fill in your communication address and Upload your Photo and signature.
- Before submitting the form, preview your details.
- Once you submit the form, the next step is to pay your fee. The application fee is acceptable in online and offline modes.
- Pay your fee through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/E-Challan if applicable.
- Click on submit and Your form will be submitted successfully.
- Your Online TNPSC Group 4 application process is completed and you can take a printout of the application form for further use
Documents To Upload For TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022
Important things which you should keep with you while filling out the Application Form:
- Scanned copy of your Signature ( 1kb < Size < 12 kb ) in JPG format.
- Scanned copy of your Photo ( 4 kb < Size < 20kb ) in JPG format.
- You should have a valid E-Mail I.D with you which can be used for registration purposes.
- You should have valid Identity Proof with you.
TNPSC Group 4 Application Fee
The Fee for the General Category of Candidates is given below. The Ex-Servicemen, OBC, SC, ST, PwD, Destitute Widow of all Communities are exempted from paying the examination fee.
- A one-time registration fee of Rs 150/- with a validity of 5 years must be paid during fresh registration. Those who are already registered need not pay the registration fee.
- The Examination Fee for the GEN category is Rs. 100 which is only for TNPSC Group 4 exam.
TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates of TNPSC Group 4 2022 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria Decided by the Commission.
TNPSC Group 4 Educational Qualification (30/3/2022)
There are different educational qualification requirements for the vacancies of VAO, typist, and steno typist grade III, field surveyor, and junior assistant and bill collector. The details of the same are below:
• Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Junior Assistant (Security), Junior Assistant (Non-Security), Bill Collector, and Draftsmen: The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
• Typist: The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses and Government Technical Examination in typewriting.
• Steno-Typist (Grade – III): The candidate must have passed the SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses, as well as Government Technical Examination both in typewriting and shorthand.
Computer Qualification For Typist and Steno Typist Post
Candidates should have passed the certificate course in the computer on office automation awarded by the technical education department for the post of Typist and Steno typist to be eligible for TNPSC Group 4.
Knowledge in Tamil
Applicants should also have a working knowledge of the Tamil Language.
TNPSC Group 4 Age Limit (01/07/2022)
The upper age limit and lower age limit for the candidates are given below. Age relaxation is applicable for all the posts as per Govt. norms.
|Post||Minimum Age||Maximum Age Limit|
|Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Typist, and Steno-Typist (Grade -III).|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, and Destitute Widows of all Castes||18 years||37 years|
|MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||18 years||34 years|
|Others||18 years||32 years|
|Village Administrative Officer (VAO)|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs, and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||21 years||42 years|
|Others||21 years||32 years|
TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates will be announced on the Commission’s website for uploading all the certificates in support of their claim for onscreen certificate verification.
After verification, the eligible candidates will be summoned for counseling to allot the post and Unit / Department in the order of rank and category to which they are eligible as per the vacancy position.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 4 exam comprises of total 200 Objective type questions with a weightage of 300 marks. The total time duration of the TNPSC Group 4 exam will be 03 hours. The TNPSC Group 4 2022 exam will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates will be provided with OMR based answer sheet to mark their responses. The latest pattern of the TNPSC Group 4 exam is as follows:
|Exam Type||Subjects||Part||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Objective Type||Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test* (SSLC Standard)||A||100||150||90||3 Hours|
|General Studies (SSLC Standard)||B||75||150|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)||25|
Candidates have to score a minimum of 90 marks to get their OMR-based answer sheet evaluated. Candidates also have to score a minimum of 60 marks in Part B of the TNPSC Group 4 exam paper out of the total minimum qualifying marks.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
TNPSC has revised the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus which has been released on the official website of TNPSC. The TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus comprises of the topics from which questions will be asked in the Part A and Part B papers of the TNPSC Group 4 exam which is scheduled for 24th July 2022. The TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus comprises of topics from the following subjects.
- Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test
- General Studies
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
Candidates can choose the language of the question paper between Tamil and English language as per their suitability for the General Studies and Mental Aptitude Test. The questions in Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test will be asked in the Tamil language only. TNPSC has replaced the General English and Tamil section with Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test in ts revised TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus. We have provided a link below for the candidates to check the revised TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus in detail.
TNPSC Group 4 Salary
The TNPSC group 4 PayScale will be in Level 8 and Level 10 depending upon the post the candidates are applying for. The salary structure of TNPSC Group 4 services is given below
|TNPSC Group 4 2022 Salary|
|Group IV Posts||Salary|
|Village Administrative Officer (VAO) Officer||Rs.19,500 – 71,900/- (Level 8)|
|Junior Assistant (Non–Security)|
|Junior Assistant (Security)|
|Bill Collector Grade-I|
|Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||Rs.20,600 – 75,900/- (Level 10)|
|Store Keeper in Tamizhagam Guest House, Udhagamandalam||Rs.18,500 – 68,000/- (Level 6)|
|Junior Assistant in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||Rs.19,500 – 71,900/- (Level 8)|
|Junior Assistant in Tamil Nadu Housing Board|
|Bill Collector in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||Rs.16,600 – 60,800/- (Level 3)|
|Steno-Typist (Grade–III) in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||Rs.20,600 – 75,900/- (Level 10)|
TNPSC Group 4 Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully applied for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022 will be required to download the TNPSC hall ticket/ admit card from the official website of the commission. The same will be made available on this site as well. The hall ticket is released separately for the TNPSC Prelims, Mains, and the Interview.
TNPSC Group 4 Answer Key 2022
After conduction of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam, the Commission will release the Answer Key. The candidates will be able to view the answer key and have an idea of the marks that they will be able to secure in the Exam.
TNPSC Group 4 Result 2022
After the release of the TNPSC Answer Key, the Result of the TNPSC Exam will be released. The result will be the ticket to appear for the next level of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam.
TNPSC Group 4 2022 – Counselling
After the declaration of the TNPSC Group 4 Result 2022, the shortlisted candidates will be called to appear for document verification. After the Verification of the documents, the eligible candidates will be summoned for counselling to allot the post and Unit / Department in the order of rank and category to which they are eligible as per the vacancy position.